The type of personal information we collect
We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Sites.
The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, photos, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, tax information, support queries, your actions on our Sites (including any selections or inputs into items) and web and email analytics data.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Sites, or through other people when you use services associated with the Sites.
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy CV templates on our Site, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, or submit feedback.
Personal information we collect about you from othersAlthough we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
- financial and/or transaction details from payment providers located in the Netherlands in order to process a transaction. We use Mollie as our payment provider.
- third party service from Mailchimp who are located in the US, which may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service, this only occurs if you subscribe to a newsletter. The information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service provider.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile.
- All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information to fulfill a purchace, or take steps linked to a purchace. Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests. These interests include-
- Operating the Sites
- Verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites.
- Providing you with services described on the Sites.
- Responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes.
- Improving our products and services.